Friday, September 25, 2009

happy rain

Caught in the warm summer rain,
droplets as big as balloonless hydro torpedos.
As the gushing water falls victim to the thirsty drain,
I hop and skip from awning to awning.
I fain receive every inquisitorial look regarding my mile wide grin,
Why not smile as the pouring water leads mascara to my chin?
The clouds sharing the stage with the joy spreading sun,
it's happy rain! only adding to the warm season's fun.
mothers and daughters hiding in bus shelters disgruntled,
any sign of easy summer attitude ebbs as the water flows.
I so much want to enlighten about the beauty of our situation,
which I'm sure my durable beaming laugh shows.
The days that cannot be predicted or precluded,
should just be positively framed.



Photo: Lubna A.

No comments:

Post a Comment